Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Introduction to PhotoShop


Other than some basic editing of a photo to reduce redeye, crop, or rotate, my Photoshop skills were extremely limited.  What I enjoyed most out of this Photoshop introduction was the artistic alterations you can make to a picture.  My favorite technique is the desaturation of a picture followed by the history brush to color in an object.  It allows an object of significance to be the highlighted focal point of the photo! I have always been fascinated by this selective coloring technique, only I never knew how to do it.    Who knew it would be so simple to master!


This is my before picture.  It was taken at the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis, MN back in 2010


This is my after picture.  I desaturated the image, and used the history brush to carefully re-color the red cherry.  Notice the rainbow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment