Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Project 5 - Podcast

For this project, I chose to create a podcast on BSCS's 5 E's, which is a teaching model for a science curriculum.  The program used is called Profcast, which allows one to voice over a PowerPoint. 

The most challenging (and slightly frustrating) aspect of this project was I did not feel that Profcast is very user friendly.  For instance, while I was recording, I made an error and needed to stop.  When I went to continue, it started the PowerPoint from the beginning, instead of the slide where I had left off.

The most rewarding part of this project was facing my fear of recording and listening to my own voice!  In the past, I tend to avoice having to listen to my own voice...which never really sounds like me.  After having to listen and edit my podcast, I have learned to accept it!

Using Podcast technology in the classroom can be extremely useful for an educator, especially during an absence.  Instead of hoping the subsititute teacher will carry out the lesson plan as intended, a teacher can pre-record the lesson, making in into a Podcast.  Plus, with the options of using stop and go's, it can be interactive if neccessary. Podcasts also allow one to give verbal instructions to individuals without having to divert attention from the other students who may not need those same instuctions.



No comments:

Post a Comment